Old 01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
jgojohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. got it; program REMOTE START ONLY and use 1 amp diodes [1N4004]. Thanks so much for the help.

Here is something cool: I stumbled across the XK02 - Immobilizer Bypass and Door Lock Control (more info at http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=XK02). It looks like it saves some work by communicating to the Factory alarm through a single data cable. It also gives the programming option for: 1st Pulse Unlock Driver Door, 2nd Pulse Unlock All Doors. Just like the factory alarm. Maybe the DEI alarm can already do that without this unit... I don't know?

I already have the 556u, but I don't like that there's a key in the car for someone to steal... and then steel the car. I don't want to use my only extra key, so I need to go get another from the dealer ($25), but I found the XK02 for $46 [buy.com], so I might just go for it. I know there are other good keyless immobilizer bypass modules which can be found on eBay for $20-$25, but this one is integrated with the factory alarm through a simple data cable, which takes care of the door locks - That is nice

EDIT: Sorry, I made a mistake: The XK02 DOES NOT act as an immobilizer bypass. Only as a door lock control module

Last edited by jgojohn; 01-09-2008 at 09:30 AM.