View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
MeanGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chassis to door wiring problem... w pics

hopefully this is speaks for itself.

before, when i would open the door, the speaker would cut off, so i knew there was a wire that needed to be repaired.

the control for the power lock on the passenger side had gone out a while ago too.(still worked on this one surprisingly)

i got a new power window assembly because i trashed the otherone because it kept coming off the track and i tore it up. so i attempt to test the new unit before installing it and it wouldnt work. i fiddled with the wrapped wiring loom and hear some sparking noises and today i finally take a look inside and see its much worse than i expected.

honda wants about $80 for a replacement piece and i thought id be able to repair the original myself but it looks like i might be better off replacing the whole thing.

is there anywhere i could maybe find a better price? i checked ebay, nothing there that i could find. this wiring assembly goes pretty far into the car also, more than i had originally anticipated, but it shouldnt be a problem swithing it out if i can find it for a good price.

(the wires that are there are pretty brittle by the way, hence why i think i should just change it out. some that have not broken are on their way.)