Old 02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
SteveW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 CRV: Power door locks, all 4, cycle when the close button is hit, repeatedly tryin

So I havent found anyone else with this same problem, so I figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone has some ideas. I see from a google search there is a possible TSB, i will call and harass honda on monday about it. But since they car is 10 yrs old they may be of no help.

The problem is that whenever you lock the car, either with keyfob, or from the inside, the door locks continue to cycle locking the doors, never unlocking them, but will try and lock the doors 10-20 times (similar to if you are just constantly hitting lock repeatedly). It does this to all 4 doors, which makes me think its something central, like the door lock control module, but the helms has nothing about cycling, just completely not functioning. I have never noticed this problem when we unlock the doors. I do notice it occurs more often when its cold out. I have never had this problem in my 97 gsr, which i would bet has the same door locks, alarm, module, and has the same key fobs. Any ideas?