Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 AM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Race
My '07 Si surges until water is nearly 150f. Unfortunately, a 2 mile drive to work at 10f. doesn't allow much warm up time. Example I drove home last night at 5 degrees and the water never got above 140. Of 30 year of driving, I've not had a car that wouldn't pull cleanly cold until this one. In 2007, its not acceptable to say let it warm up to 150 before driving to get the engine to run smoothly.

Granted, I am in a small town in wisconsin with enforced 25 mph limits so I spend a lot of time at 2000 RPM at low load with a cold car. So I may see this problem a lot more than somebody who is on a freeway 30 seconds from the front door. But, I can't believe Honda saw this during cold weather testing and found it acceptable.

The problem is my dealer has nothing to work with other than agreeing its a problem. My two observations are 1) The intown gas mileage is bad, about 22 mpg compared to my wifes 02 si which easily breaks 30. There's even black "spew" coming out of the exhaust. 2) It doesn't surge for the 1st block with the engine in open loop. But as soon as its closed loop, the engine doesn't feel happy

So, is it possible that my car has high fuel pressure, or could there be a off calibration mass flow sensor? If somebody has something concrete to look at, I'd have the dealer investigate. But I don't want to tie the car up in a scavenger hunt, especially if this is a known calibration issue that can't be fixed.
your starting your car in 5 degree weather and of course it wont warm up in seconds. Let the car warm up. I tend to start my car using my remote starter and most of the times I wont enter my car until like 15- 20 minutes later.