View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Toy Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is all great info. Thanks.

GSR pistons Sounds like a no brainer. Since the block deck heights are the same between a B18C and a B18A/B, I want to keep the OEM 10.0:1 compression using my existing GSR head.

LS rods I will probably get a set of Eagle rods for the B18A/B.....AKA the LS motor. These are shorter than the GSR rods because of the longer LS crankshaft stroke. Will LS rods whether OEM or forged have any compatibility issues with wristpins or sizing with GSR pistons whether they are OEM or forged?

LS crankshaft Like the posts here say, as well as other people I've talked to, I will have to get a stock LS crankhaft worked to allow clearance for the VTEC oil squirters. Of course the other work will need to be done also........things like micropolishing and balancing. What's the cost for getting these 3 items done? Would it be better for me to just buy an Eagle LS crank? These can be found for about $500 brand new. Apparently, the Eagle cranks are ready to install? Or do you have to slightly balance them even more? Do they already come ready to clear the VTEC oil squirters?