Old 01-03-2007, 04:19 PM
DanSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snaking the wires through...

Any advice on how to run the new wires? It appears that the rubber grommet exits the door, turns upwards for about six inches, and then enters the hinge pillar area about 8" below the top of the dash. I felt up underneath the dash area and was not able to feel where the wires came in due to obstructions. However, there were a couple of wires that plugged into a wiring panel (behind the removable fuse door) that were the same colors as the wires to the speaker. Perhaps they are the same.

Also, when I measure the resistance of the tweeter at the wiring plug (and not the speaker terminals themselves), it did not show continuity. So it appears I was probably wrong and the orange component between two of the speakers may be a capacitor. Whatever it is, I'm curious how much power it would take before blowing.

Somebody asked if the amp was rated for RMS or peak. The 111W/Channel is the RMS rating. It is the Infinity 7541a. Here is a page with the info:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kXAaUtX...20&I=108R7541A

I was originally planning on powering the rear 6x9's with two of the channels and bridging the other two channels for an Infinity Perfect 12" sub. However, if I could find a way to route new wires to the door I'd consider powering the front/rear speakers with the 7541 and getting a mono subwoofer amp for the sub.

-Dan