Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
DanSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Accord Factory Tweeter / Crossover Question...

Hello All,

I have a 2002 Honda Accord LX with the "6-speaker" sound system. (6x9's in the rear deck and 6"(?) speakers in the front doors and tweeters in the extreme corners of the dash by the windshield.) Based on what I've read in other forum messages, it appears the woofers in the front doors are wired in parallel to the tweeters in the dash and the tweeters have a capacitor at their connection point to block bass frequencies.

Here's what I'd like to do... I've already replaced the rear deck speakers with a pair of Kicker KS69s (a great improvement). I'm not at all impressed with imaging of the "component" front speakers. What I plan to do is replace the speakers in the door with a set of full-range speakers, disabling the front tweeters. I'd like to eventually remove the capacitors from the front door speakers and use those for communications equipment in my vehicle.

My question is this: Where exactly does the one set of wires for the front speakers at the factory wiring harness split into two sets (one for the woofer and one for the tweeter)?

Also, would my best bet be to run new wire to the door speakers and use the existing wiring at the wiring harness to feed the tweeters from my communications equipment? If so, how difficult is it to run the new wiring into the doors?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

-Dan