Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Florida
1999 1.6EL Premium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay first thing, the rear wheels are SUPPOSED to be tilted slightly inward towards the top. This is how they came from the factory. Camber spec on the rear wheels is -1 degree. You may not have any problem.

Second, Omni power makes a shim kit for 96-00 Civics that sells for $15. You may have a hard time finding the right bolts at your local hardware store because they are metric.

Third, a good alignment shop will have their own shims that they can use. If the camber only needs to be corrected a small amount, your stock bolts are porobably O.K. to use.

Fourth, don't go to Pep Boys. Go to a shop that specializes in Acura and Honda vehicles. This is the best way to avoid mistakes. These shops will have far more knowledge on your vehicle than most other ones. You still need to make sure the shop is reputable though. I have gone to "specialty" shops where the techs never even owned a Honda, and they made mistakes. Now I pay a LOT for a great shop. They have ASE certifications and Honda certifications out the ass. They don't make mistakes, and I have confidence that my car is put together correctly.

Florida

PS Look for a write up on this site by "chim chim" on a DIY suspension install on a 6th generation Civic. Part way through the write up, he goes over the "washer trick."

Last edited by Florida; 11-15-2006 at 08:04 AM.