Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
nanoeverything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identify this item fell from my Accord!!!

I need your help to identify this item (see the photo) that fell from my 2000 Accord EX 4dr. Recently, I heard a noise from the left rear end of my car, so I suspected that the rear shock absorbers were bad. So I ordered a pair. Today, when I checked my left rear tire I saw a strange hook-shaped steel rod (see the picture) stuck in between the spring of the left rear shock absorber assembly, which I guess that caused the noise when the spring rubbed against the rod whenever there was a bump on the road. I am, however, unable to figure out what it is and where it belongs to. I suspect it might come from the exhaust system because of the darker coloring on the one hooked end of the rod. Making the problem even more complicated, I had my RIGHT rear end (bumper and partial suspension components worked in a body shop after collision on the right (passenger side) rear end. Is this something the technican in the bodyshop accidently left in the car? I try to figure out what the rod is for so I can do something accordingly. Many thanks.

Nanoeverything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hooked rod.jpg (467.6 KB, 54 views)