View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 08:49 AM
atrioss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reading cel codes 96 civic ex...

i'm pretty sure i have an elec prob with my honda... the speedometer quit working and the lights pulse when turned on at night. also, the fan motor for the a/c pulses when turned on as well. the alternator still seems to be charging the battery though, which is a relief.

at night when the lights are on, the engine rpm's will pulse at idle, but only if the a/c fan is blowing as well(just fan, no a/c compressor).

here's the dilemma... i went out and bought a diag code reader at autozone but the damn connector on the reader doesn't match the big fat green connector that's coming from the firewall to the ecu. there are some other cables running directly into the ecu, but those don't match either.

i've read some other threads here and at other sites... it seems like there is conflicting info about the service connector that you can jump with a paper clip or whatever... i thought that was only avail on pre-96 civics? i looked all around my ecu and can't find one...

what kind of readers do you all suggest for my ecu that are CHEAP and avail at a parts store?