View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Musicman
I don't know if it has spark, I get off in the early AM and it's dark...no flashlight to work under the hood.
It does turn over, not the starter.
I bought all the parts and tuned her up this afternoon, plugs were hosed but still don't think that was the prob. Cap, rotor, wires, plugs and air filter. It started up and was nice and smooth but I suspect something in the dizzy...found two of the three bolts holding the cap on to be somewhat loose...maybe some moisture in the electronics...Gotta work in a couple hours and drive 2+ hours(135miles)....i'll keep you informed....thanks for all your inputs.
so it doesent turn over ok check the ohms on the + and - cables ther should be very little (.1 or less)plase the meter on the + at the battery and the starter hot big wire and for the - the - at the batery and the - on the body look for loose cables or coroshion.test the battery.you could also look at the cylinoid wire its the little on going to your starter you should see 12v with the key in the start position if you dont its probly your ignition swithch.i have also sean people pain there starters big no no the starter is grounded threw the 2 bolts pain opens the ground thus no start.ho some of this will help

Last edited by Fuse; 10-14-2006 at 12:56 PM.