View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your car starts moving as soon as it's in gear, your clutch is obviously catching. in fact, it's catching when it's supposed to be released. logic dictates that the problem is the clutch not releasing. that means it's either the master cylinder, slave cylinder, or a leak. i just can't imagine mashing through the gears like that. my point is: you should take your car to a shop and get your clutch master cylinder replaced before you damage your transmission. in fact, you should replace your tranny fluid (with honda mtf ONLY) just as a precaution, because you've been mashing your gears. so you've been driving clutch since 12, good. you should have a better feel for what's going on and know not to force things when there's a problem. i'm just trying to help you get your car working properly. i've been driving clutch for 8 years now, and i always rev-match and double-clutch my downshifts. i always work on my own stuff, and if something changes, i can usually feel roughly what's going on so that i don't hurt the car.