View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cascivic
hey guys i need some help. i have a 98 dx civic right now it has the stock header/exhaust combo on it. I just replaced both o2 sensors ( had a check light on for 2nd o2 heater) thats fixed no light. my problem is in new jersey they plug into the obd2 harness to do the emissions inspection. im not throwing any codes but i keep failing because it says the evaporative emissions system and the catalytic is " not ready" and in nj you can only have 1 item "not ready" for them to pass you. They asked me the first time through if i had reset the ecu (which i did that day when i put in the o2) and they told me to come back in a week because it takes a while for the ecu to read everything. but i tried and it didnt work. if anyone has any answers for me i appreaciate it.
not ready is a trouble code that populates after reseting the ECU.. what is required to clear that code is different on all cars... but it is normally a sequence of events like multiple starts and stops, multiple variations in speed, and maintained speed for a short period of time at like 50+ mph...

i imagine if you drive around your town, make a couple stops, then go for a drive on a highway it should be enough to straighten that out.. it is as far as i know NOT something as dramatic as 300 miles...