View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 08:52 AM
buffalobill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The following may be a tad 'off topic', but it does pertain to how to protect your money on future transactions. Never ever use Western Union - period. Always pay w/ a credit card - even on eBay if using PayPal, for most/all credit card companies will reverse the transaction and go after the seller. (PayPal has a $25.00 exclusion, meaning that they'll cover the amount over $25.00). I've had success recovering money when a couple of scumbags attempted to rip me off.

Also, if they advertise or state that they'll be shipping (or shipped) via the United States Postal System they may be in violation of Federal postal laws, and could be subject to Federal prosecution. . .

Always opt for insurance; it's realtively inexpensive, but realize that any insurance reimbursement goes to the seller - not the buyer - so you'll still need to get their cooperation to be reimbursed. (yeah, I know that doesn't make any sense, but that's both UPS's and the Post Office's stupid way of doing things) btw - UPS automatically insures for the first $100. of value and offers add'l coverage over that amount. But, be prepared for all sorts of BS runarounds when filing a claim. I always insist on inspecting any UPS shipments (if I suspect that they could have been damaged), before the UPS driver leaves my driveway. . .If a seller doesn't offer insurance, ask first, and if they still refuse, tell them to find another buyer.

Sorry for your loss - hope you catch the creepy @xxhole, and break his kneecaps ! Post his name and last known address, phone #s (if known), and eBay seller name on other Acura and Honda forums. The @xxhole will surface somewhere.