View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Ex7slyder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh to the Piston World

Hello everyone!

I'm returning to the world of the piston after a 3 year run with rotaries! Don't misunderstand, I still love the spinning triangles, I just would like something easier to drive and more reliable! I've done some reading, but I wanted to get first hand reactions from some of you if you don't mind.

For instance, I just drove an AP1 last week, an 01' if I remember correctly. Had low miles, very clean, good looking car. However, I noticed that you can't see out the back plasti-window, so I immeditely passed on that option, here lies my boggle. I liked the animalistic kick that the 2.0 litre had. I enjoy a car that will keep me on my toes in the bends. But, after reading on the AP2s and the 2.2 litre, it would seem to me (perhaps I'm off) but with the extra displacement I would think that there wouldn't be as much long term strain on the larger stroke engine. Also, I will be using this as a daily driver/weekend SCCA runner. My local SCCA is small, so I don't really intend on doing heavy modification. What are some of your experiances with the adjusted suspension on the AP2? I heard about increased understeer to counter the wiggly rear, yet still quicker in the slalom... Opinions?

Quick version of questions:

1. Was 03' the year they went to rear glass in the top?

2. Which do Autox'ers and DRIVERS prefer? AP1 Suspension or AP2?

3. Same people about the displacement difference? Yes I understand overall speed and power are near identicle, I would just like an opinion on the FEELING behind the wheel... Not many S2000's round my neck of the woods.

Thank you for you time, and look forward to time in the S2000's seat!

-Rick