View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 07:09 AM
accordcivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jobrien: thanks for your feedback. You're right, that's exactly what I'm going to look for regardless of what year of vehicle.

FallenAngel: I was thinking of just taking the best overall vehicle and then it might be stick. But, I'm not sure how old the car will be. I'm looking at '90-'95 Accords. I don't think it'll be a newer one because I want to pay off some bills first.

Honura_kit: I'd prefer to buy a newer car but I better get a used car at this time. Perhaps, soon, down the road.

Jani: I like the extra *oomph* you get from V6s! ;-) I had a Ford V6 not too long ago (sold it) and the fuel economy was not much worse than the 4 cyl. Thanks for the info about the V6 Accords!

texaskreek: Thanks for your input! That gives me more ideas to work with. I'd like to get a newer Accord than just '90 or '91 so maybe I should consider '93-'95 Accords. If I can find any for under $3K here. Accords are pretty expensive in these parts. An early '90s Accord that's under 2 grand likely needs work.

All your comments are appreciated! If anyone has anything to add, that would be great! Also, yes, I would be working on my own car unless it's a serious repair (engine overall, tranny work etc.). At least, I'd try it before taking it to a garage.