View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 11:53 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Honura_Kit
for those who said car is good for 7K without oil change....
have you "actually" went to see inside the engine... Not engine oil .. Engine.
Tell me how it looks like....
It looks pretty damn good. Every 30k my spark plugs come out looking perfect, and I once had an oil analysis one on 8k old Syntec 5W-30 oil. They told me I could have run it twice as long.

It all depends on what kinda car you're talking about
Yes and no. But mainly no. Oils need to be changed because they gradually lose their lubricating and protection properties over time. Today's leading synthetic oils have been proven to not lose any lubricating properties until 15-20k miles.

..... but I do my oil change Max 3,000 miles no matter what. oil changes also saves your gas mileage as well. I'm sticking my way. You also know why one of the reason ppl's spark plugs gets messed up as well? Good Oils helps to lessen the Friction from piston wall to the other side of the wall. (will help avoid from overheating)
Read above. If your oil's lubricating properties aren't deteriorating, you're basically going to be throwing away good oil every 3k miles and replacing it with good oil. If you don't believe me, spend the $25 to get an oil analysis done on your 3k old oil. It'll tell you exactly how your engine is wearing and how long your oil is lasting.