View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
slixx002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fellow HAN members, Im Randy, 28 and live in So Cal all my life and loving it. Been around the import scene for quite a while now. And having a nice import, my theroy was you had to have nice sounds. At first I didnt know how or what to do with amps, speakers..etc.etc.. So had a friend do the install for me. Boy did he Phuck things up. I had dead lights, blown fuses..etc.. It was a mess. I then started learning how to install audio's my self. Hardest thing I had to figure out was why my set up sounded like crap and I couldnt get max power I needed to the amp. I used a 18aug power line and used the stereo source power for input to the amp!!! Duhh me..

Im more of a speed kinda guy than sounds now. I remember my first event ever was @ a race event in palmdale in like i think 94 or 95. I was like 16-17 and saw Steffan Papadakis (when he was sponsered by JG Engine Dynamics) 91 Black EF hatch platter himself into the low 11's. I didnt know anything about it or felt that 11's was fast untill I actually drove down the 1320's for myself. Ever since then, I have always amired those 11 sec cars and attending the events more often. I found myself installing like little parts from air filters to audio speakers, @ that time there was hardly any cars that was turbo'd. Only the rich could afford it or the sponsered cars have them and not one on the streets had it (that I seen or knew of). I really started heavy engine work when I met Viet Lam of wicked racing. Learned alot from Viet when he and Steff had Honda Pro in Santa Ana. Both really cool guys.

My first car ever was a hand me down old yellow faded beat up station wagon that had rusted green doors. I did all sorts of things to that car till it gave out and I sold it for like 100 bucks. (Suprised I even got 100 bucks for it). My 2nd car was a coupe b18c turbo as well. It was if I could remember in the summer of 96 or 97 that I drove that car down teh 1/4 miles @ 12.8 sec @ 115 mph. Then within the years I worked my way up to a fully built b18c EG turbo. Fastest car I ever owned too bad I never got the chance to time it.

Well thats my intro to who I am and how I got started.

Last edited by slixx002; 02-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.