View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
quickness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument cluster question!

I am needing to replace the plastic cover of my instrument cluster. i have a 99 2dr honda accord ex v6. ive called several dealerships and they all say their systems only show being able to buy the entire cluster ($300) but some other similar models (the 4 dr) has a replaceable plastic cover ($60). would this piece work in my car? i know the cluster look similar but if i were to purchase that 4dr piece, could i try and get them to install it in my 2dr? they have said that the part # for the clusters are different but maybe the lens is interchangable? also could someone explain what clusters will work with others (98-02 models). i did talk to one honda dealership tech and i gave him my specs and he said i could replace just the lens but i called back and talked to a different tech and he said he didn't know if that would work. i didn't get the name of the tech either but he could have misheard my car specs. any insight on this would be very helpful as my cluster cover has several cracks and scratches and would really like to replace it without spending a fortune. ive been scouring ebay looking for clusters but not sure which would fit my car. thanks.