Old 12-15-2005, 06:46 AM
funbobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handbrake light not coming on (96 Accord EX-R)

hey guys, i've got this annoying problem i'm trying to figure out if it's happened to anyone before. when i pull up my handbrake, my handbrake light does not come on. it used to before until a coincidental incident maybe. the incident was as such:

i was driving on the highway and then it started to rain. then all of a sudden my hand brake light came on out of no where. obviously my hand brake was down so i pulled over thinking something was messed. as i was pulling over i noticed every time i pushed down on my clutch the hand brake light went off...then came on when i let go of the clutch. weird huh. so anyways i turn the car off...wait a bit...turn it back on...same problem. then the handbrake light slowly started to fade away...now it doesn't come on. only when i start my car do i see it flash with all the other lights.

anyone got any ideas as to what i can try or do? is this an electrical problem? some fluid problem? is it a coincidence this is happening as my DRL module is currently disconnected? any thoughts or suggestions would greatly help.

thanks in advance,

bobby