Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 PM
motoguy128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FallenAngelHIM
yes, but remember the 4 banger is DOHC and the V6 is SOHC
plus the V6 will require more maintenance and more parts? i'm actually not sure on that one, but i'm figuring 2 more spark plugs, 2 more wires, and a 6 head dist. cap.
my main thing was the DOHC vs SOHC
For starters, almost all modern cars have distributorless ignition. Typically each cylinder has it's own coil and is fired individually by the engine computer using a sensor on the camshaft and/or crankshaft. The computer can adjust the spark timing based on environmental conditions, throttle position and RPM.

Nothing wrong with single overhead cam, especially on a larger displacement engine with a V configuration. Both the I-4 and V6 will have 2 camshafts total. One camshaft is actuating both the exhaust and intake valves instead of seperate cams. It's a little less complex and may be a little more compact. Mercedes went to this arrangement on their V6 engines.

Yes maintenance will be a little higher, but performance wise, the V6 Accord is a large step ahead. IT makes almost 25% more peak power than the TSX and makes it over a much wider range since it's a V6 and larger displacement.

The TSX should be considered a more practical sedan version of the RSX and not directly compared to the Accord.

I'm not going ot get into marketing strategies and demographics, but each has it's niche and were not intended to be direct competitors.