Thread: Jl... Help
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 10:02 PM
seth90dx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jl... Help

Ive got $3000 into JL and im not done yet!!! Ive got 2 JL 12W3V2's a 500/1 monoblock JL amp to power those! Ive got the JL XR-650-CSI component kit---(6.5 inch woofers and 1 inch tweets)--- and ive got a pair of JL 6X8 inch mids for the back coming this friday... Ive got a JL 300/4 amp to power those!!!

I took the amp and hooked it up to a battery in my room with the subs... They started clipping at about a third volume? WTF... so i checked the wireing on the subs... They were fine! So Im like WTF? but at 1/3 volume they were nockin pretty hard---(my walls were ratlin)--- And they sounded soooooo clean. Im not sure but i think the battery i was usin was not powerfull enough or somethin? It was a big ass diehard! I think once i get it all in my 90DX hatch it will sound crazy!!! but thats not gona happen for a few weeks(2)..... Q: does JL make POWER CAPS? another question for a noledgeable audio nut is about the clipping factor.... i just bought a $500 sony CDX-MP70 deck (what I was runnin the subs on) is the volume level givin max boost to the speakers at 1/3? Is the power level from the 300/4 gona be too much for the 6.5's, tweets and 6X8's ? Sorry bout the book...ive just spent alot and i want it to work right!
:fawk: