Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't worry, it's a common misconception.

see GSR's had secondary air intake paths, just as the Si-VTEC preludes.

when these secondaries opened up in conjuction with an open atomosphere intake system (such as a CAI or SRI) you could hear a major change in sound.

but if you were to be able to close your ears you should never be able to tell because smoothness of operation was one of hondas concerns when designing the engines.

i drew this up for learning purposes so it's crude at best, but imagine the black line is the HP curve of the lower cams and the blue line is of the higher cams.

idealy the vtec crossover would be around where they intersect. in the case of the 02-04 rsx type-s's this wasnt true, thast why the hondata reflash was so popular, and this is why i think alot of those "vtec cams are more powerful" myths continue to come up on a daily basis, simply becuase changing it in that one case made a difference.

as you can see to the user there should be a smooth transition between the two, to you the torque should just seem to continue along it's merry way until you hit redline.

edit and if you could imagine it turning on at 6700 instead of the desiered position , about an inch further to the left, see the jump it's have to make, i'd have to believe you'd feel that. thats where i was confused on wether you didnt understand or you actually did
Attached Images
File Type: gif
untitled.GIF (3.4 KB, 184 views)