Old 11-07-2005, 08:49 AM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buster133
I changed the factory coolant in my 99 EX 4cyl and 02 EX V6 at 60K. In 01 Honda switched to a Type 2 coolant that's supposed to last 10yrs or 120K when filled from the factory. I didn't feel comfortable leaving it in that long, so both cars were drained and refilled with the new type 2 coolant. Honda says when using type 2 at the service interval the newly added coolant should last for 5yrs or 60K and the type 2 is already premixed making it easier to use. I think I am going to change it again between 30-45K even though that kind of defeats the purpose of long life coolant. I couldn't get the coolant drain bolt off so I just drained it from the bottom of the radiator. I figure if this stuff is supposed to last 10yrs or 120K, then what's left in the block at 60K should still be pretty good to be mixed with fresh coolant.
wait do you mean you switched to orange coolant, and left green in the block... cause thats not good!

origianal question the drain plug should be above the oil filter on the back of the block, it goes straight into the water jacket so it can only be in so many places