View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Sense-A
Mentor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me be specific. I removed my axles and my transmission. I installed a new pressure plate and clutch disc. Installed a new release bearing. No problems. Transmission slid back in perfect. torqued all the bolts (how important is it to torque bolts to specifics? Maybe I torqued pressure plate too much and flywheel is now harder to turn?). Refilled and put clutch cable back and so forth. Car sounds like it should when I attempt to start but it doesnt start. Seems like it comes very close sometimes, but never actually starts. I removed the starter and the starter gear teeth look good. My flywheel gear teeth were fine when I put my transmission back. Is there any way to double check if the gears are worn now? I mean to make the flywheel turn while I'm looking through the starter hole?

Only other problems I could think of is that I haven't started my car for 4 weeks now. The battery I keep charged. Gas level is low but should be enough. Never had starting problems before this new clutch installation. Spark plugs and wires fairly new. Didn't fiddle with anything else while I put this clutch in. Never messed with the starter/clutch interlock switch or anything....hmmm I just can't figure it out.

Perhaps I might have to pull the transmission again to double check everything. But what a pain!!