View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mabus013
Problem: the D15B2 is throttle body injected, not sequential injected like the D16's. Now, I could pull one or the other injectors and see if they're just pouring fuel down the intake.

Yesterday, while trying to get it to hot start, I removed the intake piping from the box above the throttle body, and was greeted by a creeping cloud of gas vapor. Curious, I removed the four screws holding the top of the 'box' on, and more vapor was coming in via the vacuum hose attached to the #1 side of the intake manifold. With the increased fuel consumption, the raw gas smell, the #4 spark plug that's wet with fuel, etc, something is making this thing run extremely rich.

I've been thinking it could very well be the O2 sensor - it might be caked with deposits from the burnt oil, or just be very old. I looked at it today and it seems like it's been there for a long, long time. Of course, one or more of the injectors could be faulty as well. Maybe the CPU, but it runs fine otherwise, so I'm not inclined to think that that's the case.

Ideas? Sorry, I know this isn't exactly as exciting as troubleshooting a new B16A swap or anything, but I'm just trying to get my po' ass to work until I can afford a ZC swap. Any further ideas? Trying to avoid having some greasy mofo adjust a screw or something and then talk me into some retarded repair that wasn't even necessary. I appreciate it, believe me.

Thanks,
M13
Thanks sum1 who knew wut i was thinking, i didnt want to jump the gun since I am in thailand but ive been to my cousin shop in the USA and i did seem to think that it was throttle body injected. So it still fals back to wut i said about the intake gasket.