View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 03:54 AM
B16a2VTIguy
Built B16a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supersprint headers??

Hey i have a 1994 EG civic VTI B16A2, and i'm well confused with which header too get. I work in halfords (a car parts/performance parts store for any1 who doesnt know!) and i can get a supersprint header 4-2-1 for a very good price, qualitys good but my only worry is that afew ppl have told me that a 4-1 header is best for high end power and 4-2-1 is best low down power.

My Q is how much differance is high end power going to be better by? are we talking 2bhp top end power on a 4-1? if that is the case how much more power do you get low down better on the 4-2-1? If i can get a good 4-2-1 power-wise i'd rather do this because a 4-1 header will hang lower down to the ground than a 4-2-1, and ive gotta be carefull with this cos my car is slammed and a daily driver!

Also my friend has a H22a 2.2 VTI prelude with same mods as me apart from the tranny, he's just put a 4-2-1 on his when ppl recommended a 4-1 and his seems to be miles better top end power? i used to leave him 1st,2nd and 3rd and we used to be equal in a race in 4th gear, but now he leaves me noticably in 4th and were equalish 1st,2nd and 3rd! My manifold gasket is leaking so i really want to get a header by the end of this month!!

Thanks for any help! ste