View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Katana950
AutoX-Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
There's a difference between heat cycling them to make them sticky and then heat cycling them til they get rock hard. Driving them on the road will heat cycle them til they get rock hard.

I don't think you should have gotten R tires if you don't understand how to take care of them.
Hey I got the above setup for $600 bucks, used. They had only two events on them. I bought them from a guy I know who autocrosses. I mainly bought the wheels but he said he would throw the tires in for $200 more I said ok, since my motegis with yoko parada spec 2s were way worn. I am not asking if I should run them on the street, I know you shouldn't if you want them to last forever, I am simply asking your opinion on how long you think they will last. I didn't buy r compounds to run on the street I bought some wheels which came with almost new r compounds mounted on them, and I don't have money to buy another set of tires right now, so I am going to run them on the street for awhile, besides I will be running my snow wheels and tires soon, so I am just getting through to winter. I am sorry you think I am an idiot who doesn't know what the hell I am doing, I came asking for help and instead I get treated like crap.