View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:03 PM
raul95020
Shyster_One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpkelly
Hey all,
I notice that during hot summer days my car will not start for awhile after driving it for a few minutes. The fuel pump relay doesn't engage and hence no fuel gets to the injectors. If I wait say 5min or so, the fuel relay will engage when I turn the key and the car finally starts.

This only happens after short drives (few minutes) not long ones (20 minutes). It has been this way for years and I've lived with it.

The fuel pump relay is a pain to get to and this situation only occurs intermittently in summer. I kind of doubt it's the relay since it works fine usually. Could it be some other sensor that's telling the fuel pump relay not to turn on?
yah i have the same exact problem, you i couldn't have explained it any better, i also have a 92 ls integra, if you find the problem please let me know, kuz i have spent about $300 replacing parts that did not cause the problem, and i am tired of driving my car like that in the summer. its kinda embarrasing if u know what i mean. raul95020@yahoo.com or cell# 408-607-0352 -Raul