View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Takoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by treetribe
Hello,

My question is rather similar to Hydroxx's.

I have a 2005 Accord Sedan 2.4L 5AT. I recently installed 2 Audiobahn AS69Q 6x9's in the rear. I have a question about installing an amplifier in the trunk. Firstly I know the stock headunit only puts out 30w x 4. I don't find that loud enough at all, especially with the stock front speakers. Also, the stock headunit doesn't have RCA (preamp) outputs which makes an amp harder to install. I have 2 Pioneer 400W RMS subs in a box all ready to go. All they need is an amp.

I was thinking of either buying an amp just to power the two rear 6x9's because they are 150W RMS speakers and should sound decent with the right amount of power. Or I could put the subs in and power them through an amp.

I'm kind of leaning towards the first option, cause putting in subs just adds weight and occupies trunk space.

So, here is the question: In order to power the rear 6X9's with an amp, how exactly would I need to setup the wiring, considering there's no RCA outs from the headunit....

Orbit77:
"actually you can check out the new mtx amps, the rep said something that your actually suppose to use high level inputs for your signal, so you wouldn't even need the line out converter."

Can anyone give a link to maybe 2 amps that would not require this output convertor? Also, how do I wire the convertor? Just plug in the rear speaker outs on one end and the RCA to the amp on the other? Power wiring help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
sorry but all amps require rca connections for mids and lows. the only time you will ever not use the rcas is when your aiming for highs, the amp you get (if bought from a store or whatnot) should come with a High level output adapter. This allows you to hook up the amp and power speakers without the use of rca's, BUT it is only used for HIGH LEVEL outputs. Sorry man but your gonna have to either get an rca adapter or a new Head Unit that has some. As for your speaker question, in a way yes it is more weight, but you can lessen it by the type of box you get. Most people get bandpass (I don't know why), and that takes up a lot of space in the back. Especially if it's and Accord (I have a 2004 Accord). My suggestion to you is if you really want to add in sounds, you will have to dish out some cash and get some weird off shit.

RCA adapter
2 or 3 Channel Crossover (Highs/Mids/Lows)
2 amps of your choice
0 to 4 gauge amp wiring kit w/2 8 to 4 guage distrubution block

this is as close and versitile as you can get without buying a new head unit.