Old 07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast Divisionals - Washington DC Region SCCA.

Well I just got back about 2 horus ago from a weekend of racing. I was down at the NE Divisionals in Landover, MD @ the FedEx Field.

The course was in the 60s for most cars. Here's a map for Sunday:http://tinyurl.com/9tmv7

Saturday was basically the same course, but certain elements were changed to run it backwards and be safe.

About 300 competitors showed up to this event July 30-31st for the Ron Katona Memorial Autocross. The autocross was named after Ron due to his love and passion for autocrossing and trying to always helpe people. The foundation was formed to help novices get to National events.

The course was SO fast everywhere. Lee Piccone and Greg Olsen (I believe) designed the course. Lee always designs great courses and has done Nationals a couple of times.

Lots of sections where sphincter enduring spasms! Those who couldn't put the balls to the walls lost alot of time on the back section which was just basically flat pedal down on the floor. I ran a best of a 61.4, but I just knicked a cone one of my friends said so I had to stand on a 61.9. Which was good for 1st by .126 seconds!

Day 2 was just NUTS! That same section on the top of the page was even faster! And when I pulled into pits my 1st run my heart was thumping so fast. My best time was a 61.4 but I had one off course. Lots of shuffling behind me as a Celica driver pulled out an AWESOME run as well as a local philly guy who ran a 61.0 Luckily for me I had a nice buffer from day 1 that I took home MY FIRST MAJOR TROPHY! Woot!

And now I shall collapse on my bed