View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tegdude7
Thanks OD But how would I verify "working compressor", and "good lines" w/o adding refrigerant? Would 1 can be enough to test, after my clutch replacement, then vacuum, change o-rings, re-oil, and add full charge if system seems to work w/o leaks? Maybe after replacing clutch and belt, if that's all needed to run system, it will work even if only a little, then I would know it's ok to convert to whatever....I guess. All I know, is that I took it to a locally recommended repair facility and they wanted like, $900 to overhaul, replace compressor, fix etc., w/o even so much as touching any part of my system, so I want to avoid "the pros" unless absolutely necessary. Of course I may need them to vac/flush system, but other than that, I can and want to do it. I've read so much about being able to do so, and I've done harder jobs on past auto's.
Well, how long has the system been "dead"? h:

You've got a good plan, IMO.
I say go ahead and replace the clutch and drive belt and at least see if the AC compressor works. If the compressor has seized, then repair/replace it as you see fit.

Hopefully, all you'll need is the clutch, belt and refrigerant.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!