View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a_integra_87
I know, thats why im not installing a tv in my view really. Sure i can see it if i turn my head, but its not in front of me.

Anyway....
I don't mean to piss in your wheaties, but the lawmen and legislators are coming down on in-car video installations. In CA, if the screen is in any way visible from the driver's seat, the video screen must be off while the car is in motion.

From a technical standpoint, it's going to be difficult to mount the screen in a manner that allows the passenger side airbag to function correctly.

If you're serious about doing this in a clean, professional way... I would I'd remove the passenger side airbag and hinge the dashboard coverpanel. Then, install the monitor on a hinged armature that allows it to tilt back into the top of the dash, using the stock airbag cover panel to conceal it.

While you'd be breaking the law by removing the airbag, you're far less likely to be cited for that offense.
And the end result will look much, much cleaner.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!