View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 11:12 PM
juanddc06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default young DX owner need Help please.

Im 17 and just recently purchased a 97 civic dx and i love it. the car is all stock except for 18 inch ADRs and 3A racing exhaust. I need help with adding stuff to my car. Im just starting to learn everything about cars and performance. I plan to work my ass of this summer all for my car. I was planning on an engine swap but im not to sure what to do. i need a good strong dependable engine nothing to fancy but something good enough to keep up with some. ive been looking at GSRs, Type Rs, B16s, and H22s but not quite sure which way to go i dont want to spend to much on an engine i just want an upgrade to my 106hp engine. which one is the best for my buck. any input from anybody would be great. i dont really want to spend more than 2grand on an engine since i want to leave money for headersm intaken, new exhaust, and carbon fiber hood. im expecting to earn from 4 to 5 thousand this summer all towards my car. so if anybody would just tell me i know this sounds dumb but how to spend my money. i thought about just spending all the money on a bad ass H22 but decided i dont need that much power so i just want enought power and noise and looks. a fine blend of all. Again any help would be great. THanks JC