View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
CIVICSPENCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU tuning with cams and pistons

Hi! I have wanted to for a while to take the time to invest more energy into my car, so I took a class at a local college and have now installed the basic, I/H/E on my car, tuned it all up and now I was hoping to do more. I have an integra GSR (2000) completely stock, except for what I mentioned and was curious about something specific...I got a hold of a few parts and was going to install them, but had a question about my ecu and tuning for maximum efficiency...I have CTR cams, and ITR valve springs (intake, I thought I would just move my GSR intake springs over to the exhaust side), skunk2 cam gears, usdm itr pistons and a fpr. This setup, will do a bunch of things, including increase my CR. I don't want to change from the stock redline, just want to keep it the same. My question is...do I need a modified ECU to handle these changes or will my ecu adjust to all the settings and simply use vafc controller and go to a dyno tuning facility? I don't really want to screw around with my cars computer, would just rather piggyback, is this possible? Also, what do you think of my internals setup? Just looking for a nice increase in power, nothing too extreme, just to compliment my quaife LSD I also am installing, thanks!