Old 03-20-2005, 02:58 AM
jc836

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrat's and welcome
I will not get into turbocharging. Not my thing.

The primary improvements you can easily make will be intake and exhaust. We used the K&N drop-in and for daily driving it works just fine (better gas mileage too). Our exhaust is a Thermal for its sound and OEM look (sort of ). These 2 things do not harm reliability. Our car (FOR SALE) is otherwise untouched under the hood. Suspensions are my specialty.
We went with Koni "yellow" Sport shocks and Neuspeed Sport Springs. The drop is not extreme and is actually road friendly. Granted that a serious speed bump must be taken slowly-but that is true with only 1" of drop from stock. You should also consider a different rear sway bar. Ours is a Neuspeed 25mm and it does help plant the rear better than stock. Wheels and tires in our case are stock diameter. RE730's work very well compared to the OEM RE92's. You might want to consider going with 16x7 rims rather than the stock width just to get a little more contact patch and offset as I did.

Now to the SS gearbox. Do get it reverse flushed at a Honda dealership. Price ~$100. While it is there consider doing the timing belt service (includes water pump, etc). Have them check that the motor mounts are ok. As to stall speed-there are several drag race Torque Convertor products out there. They are not really meant for the street. The transmission is computer controlled so you are limited as to what you can do without a teardown. As my Honda Tech (25 years same dealership) says-if it works leave it alone. The only issue with our transmissions has to do with the fact they are sequential and they take longer than some others to "spool up".

I hope this helps.