View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 10:02 PM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with DEPO JDM style corners

Its should fit correctly. Alot of people got them and I haven't read of any problems.
well, now you have..

i know i've mentioned this in another post, but its really frustrating me because i can't fix it, no matter what i try.

i've cut away a lot of the plastic on the headlight bracket so the depo corners will fit in better. the problem is that the corners aren't flush with the rest of the body at all. at the top they're set in, at the bottom they flare out.

after a few attempts and a lot of cutting and grinding, i am convinced that the problem is the arms on the corners that mount to the headlight bracket (the part that gets screwed on). when i compare these arms to the arms on the stock corners, they are significantly shorter. so in order for these new arms to reach the mounting hole, i must push the corner in farther than it should go on the top. doing so pulls the whole corner in at the top, and causes the bottoms to pivot out.

i tried loosening the three bolts that mount the headlight bracket that are accessible without removing the bumper. then played with the positioning of the headlights as much as i could. it did help a little for the driver's side. but it didn't fix the problem completely. the passenger's side is still pretty bad.

so i don't think i have any other options, besides trying to extend those arms

if anyone can offer any kind of suggestion, i'm willing to try anything.. thanks........