View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 10:21 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did somebody borrow the car recently? I used to do e-brake drifting in crappy 50 dollar cars and it leaves really bad flat spots on the tires, and if you slide far enough, then what you are describing happens. The tire will shake and thump because there is only tread missing on one spot on the tire thus making it not round. Or is your car lowered? Maybe forgot to get a camber correction kit while you were in there? If so the tires would sit at a funny angle causing the insides to wear out before the outsides. And when the rear brakes on mine went bad they squealed all the time, didnt matter how much pedal I gave it or not. Had to drive 30 miles home with that damn noise. If the tire shop is far away then I would have the car towed, no sense in risking more damage to the car. And by all means have the brakes checked by a well known mechanic, the dealership will try to sell you a new everything whether you need it or not. But do not scrimp on brakes, that could cost you your life well good luck.