Old 08-26-2002, 06:49 PM
RKV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ELITEACCORd, i went to 5 different places man, $870 was the lowest.. u have to remember this is a new 3 way catalytic converter OBDII, not the OBDI like many 5th generations, after 1996 June something i think, every honda is OBDII... and honda charges $900(just for the cat), my mechanic tried to charge me $1050... the cheapest was this ghetto place for $870, and i dont trust its a real OEM cat, i kno my mechanics is real tho, cuz he does good business. but anyways, its not $250 bro, just for ur info. for future people that have my same problem, thats y alot of people with my car just sold their cars messed up, and i kno one guy with a 1998 Accord Coupe V6 who just gutted their cat LOL... i think thats an illegal thing tho in states that do emissions testing, or maybe anywhere? and btw, random tech fits PERFECT, i kno alot of people with them. they just bolted it on, of course a few i kno have gotten the wrong one but they thought it was the right one, so they had to do some cutting and welding... but can any1 answer my question? will a high flow cat that fits on a V6, will it fit on a I4? will welding need to be done? cuz i kno the exhausts dont fit from V5 ot I4 for 6 th generation