View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monicle
hehe yeah thats what torque settings are for. if you have to crank something down more than whats reccomended it means that theres a problem somewhere else. you probably just needed to replace the rubber ring arround the injector. now you have to replace the whole manifole. I guess you can mark that one up under the lessons learend column heh. Ive got a few items in that column myself so dont feel bad.

oh also. running the engine with a known fuel leak is a really bad idea.
ehh the leak was coz i took the injectors out to test somethin in my b18 & then it was leaking when i put my injectors back in the D15 coz i didn't tighten it down real tight apparently.. anyways, i figured out why it cracked.. u see the nut in the center & the one on the driver side tightened down snug & the one of the passenger side didn't get snug coz i was missing the plastic spacer that goes between the rail & the mani.. there for it kept pulling up on that pin & then snapped the manifold before bending the rail.... makes sence now.. i was just tired & frustrated.. oh well lesson learned!

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
I didnt know you had a 95dx daily driver... h:
yea, i picked it up for a grand a little while back.. i'll have to post some pix of it or soemthin..