View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 06:04 PM
ohbiskits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lug stud?...on my civ i had a period of time where they were spining left and right..every other time i took a tire off one stud would spin so id have to drill the lug nut out and put a new stud on...now on a 4th gen civ they are very easy to replce..they are less then a buck a peice and all u have to do it take the break caliper off and the stud is actually on the spindle or the "hub". if they have spun and lost the teeth they will push right out otherwise u may have to use a hammer...they will come out and then u just put the replacement stud in and hit it fromt he back a few times and oonce u get the teeth set..u can put a lug nut on and tighten it down and the stud will further set in place...on my civic i had to grind one part of the round backing on the stud flat to put it in but...now i havent looked at the breaks on my teg yet so im not positve this will be the same for u but if its the same as the civic...you can do it with about 15 min (for ur first time) and if u need three studs then about 4 bucks or less