Old 01-15-2005, 09:34 AM
BoostedITR41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinring
youre right blockgards will cause your pistons to become oval, which is a greater concern over cylinder wall wear. No engine I ever build will ever have a block guard in it. Block sleeving is not the end all of any of the berfore mentioned issues. Block sleeving causes severe stress to the entire block during and after the sleeving process which can open a whole new can of worms... If I were in your place Id try block posting.

Block posting is the worst idea yet. the posts are spread to far apart and the crack will actually form at the posts. on top of the fact you are putting a pin on an already weak sleeve creates stresses around that post because the only part of the sleeve being supported is the area with the post. If you put to many in you get into cooling issues get a good company to sleeve the block and you will be fine. between my friends and I there are 8 of us that run golden eagle sleeves and none have ever sank or anything else. as for the block gaurd. I ran an inline pro in my block for over 2 years with no issues and the block was still good as new when I pulled it for sleeving. even with 92k miles pistons rods bearings cylinders everything was perfect.