View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 AM
bambbrose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somewhat serious clutch issues

I just finished swapping a b16 into my 95 hatch.

Everything is working good and the engine runs great, except I'm having trouble with the tranny.

At first it drove fine for about 2 minutes, and then it started getting hard to put in gear. Started grinding and stuff. I figured that I just didn't bleed the clutch enough so we bled it more, still same problem, but it was intermittent. sometimes it'd go into gear perfect, and other times it wouldn't ever come close.

I drove it down to get gas, and on my way back I floored it in first to see what she was made of, and it popped out of gear in first and now the clutch won't engage.
It's permantently disengaged.

I can have it in gear with the car running with the clutch out and it doesn't do a thing. Any gear, 1 through 5. It just idles like it was in neutral

My guess is the pressure plate, but I was wondering if it can be anything else.
Anything you guys have heard of that would cause these symptoms?
I have been thinking more about this and I'm starting to think that it might be the throw out bearing also. Just because the way it popped out. Do throw out bearings pop off ever or pop out? Just trying to figure this out.

I ordered a new Action clutch, that will be going in this next week hopefully, but I want to verify that it's the clutch that is fawked, and that my tranny is gonna be alright.

Just to note, the clutch fork is definately working when you push the pedal down. I verified this personally. The issue has to be within the tranny or clutch setup. I'm praying the latter. Anybody had a similar problem ever?
I figure it's gotta be the throw out bearing or the diaphram on the pressure plate is stuck open.

thanks guys