View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 09:52 AM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Grille - DIY

Do it yourself!

I just finished making a grille for my 5th gen prelude. I think it worked rather well! I spent about 20 bucks total on it, and I still have enough supplies for another car or other areas. Here are some pics-

The grille/mesh stuff is from a pet grille made for screen doors as you can see. I attached the grille at three points, and they've held up pretty well. I attached the grille to the car with strange plastic attacher things. The cheap way! Well 20 dollars for this is better than 120 for some professional kit (where you need to remove the bumper and drille holes). Also, I used those cheap plastic things because if I want, I can just cut them off with no harm done to the car.

I had to cut the mesh material and paint it, then just attach it. It has already survived the first car wash!

It's poor quality, but hey, it works for now. It's holding up and performing well (performing grille - haha, at least it's not that really thick mesh that actually limits flow to the radiator).

The bumpers all scratched up from the previous owner's attempt at attaching a front license plate, but at least it now has a grille to distract attention from the scratches. And also, the nature of the material "Prevents animals from running through" - I guess that's a plus :chuckles: . Just thought I'd share this easy DIY.