Old 08-14-2002, 10:06 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, basically I was just asking if you had an emissions test to pass and what future plans you had for the car and you answered them. Personally I don't have to pass emssions because my car is registered in another county than my own without emissions.

Anyways, by straight thru all I meant was basically it's just pipe no real catalyst to speak of. Just a straight thru pipe to take the place of the cat which is what I have. And by emissions legal I meant a CARB legal type converter. Just to let you know I've heard of people not passing the sniffer test even with CARB legal Hi-Flo Cats. But out of the 5 people I know with hi-flo cats only one had to switch the stocker back in to pass.

I understand where you are comin from about taking the opportunity to replace an already broken part with a performance part. Jeezus $1000? Is that a quote from a Honda dealer or what? I would think you would be able to get one from like a Napa or other parts store for cheaper. If you're just looking to pass emissions and don't really care about what part replaces the clogged cat then maybe a low mileage junkyard special would work.

But if you must have a hi-flo cat that would def pass emissions then my advice would be the random tech unit. Which I believe is a direct fit unit. Don't go with a cheapie or knockoff brand if you MUST pass emissions and don't have a spare stock cat to put on in case you fail.

Oh and it's no sweat askin all these questions. That's what the board is for man. Good luck tho bro. I'm kinda curious as to what you are going to decide on.