View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
eternal
00AccordCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops! Sorry guys - the 'TIA' was 'Thanks In Advance'. Sorry to disappoint but I'm not a girl, so I guess I should crawl away and do a search :chuckles:

I did a search here and saw comments that it's not worth doing anything with the standard cat as this has a high flow rate anyway, so perhaps this applies to the headers too?

Perhaps of more concern is that whether the front pipe section from the down pipe to the cat are susceptible to rusting and thus needing replacement? I've never heard of headers needing replacing and a 'complete' system seems to include piping from the bottom of the header downpipe up to and including the rear muffler and tail pipe. As the cat has what looks like an aluminum shield I guess this won't ever rust either?

phoenixitc : I have a short ram intake fitted which does make the throttle response smoother, don't know about power gains although these will be small anyway.

I think maybe a cat-back system will do what I'm looking for without spending a fortune.

flyromeo3 : thanks for the advice on sticking with the single muffler and exit, much as I thought the dual exits are good for V6 engines and ricers

Thanks guys for your help!