Old 08-22-2004, 04:03 PM
ODUB
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sell honda's and we're selling 04 EX-V6's that sticker at 26,890 for 24,199...invoice on one of those is right at 24,000....so invoice on an EX-L is probably gonna be around 22,000...so if he's tryin to get 25,000, he's got at least 2500 room too work...actually more because 4 door honda accords have 500 dealer cash on them so he could actually go 500 behind invoice and break even...there's also something called holdback...it's about 500-800 depending on the car, that the dealership holds back on the car so even if they sell it at cost, they still have hold back...so if you took the dealer cash and the hold back, u could actually get that thing for 1000-1300 behind invoice...in summary, the EX-L stickers at about 24,890 or somewhere around there, with hold back, dealer cash, and the markup in the vehicle, he's got about 4000 or so to play with....hit him with that next time u go back...and dont be wow'ed by the 6 disc CD player, those come standard in ALL EX models ever since way back in 01...if u've got any kinda skills at all, u should be able to get that thing for around 22,000 or so...stick it to the man!!! im a salesman now, and although the money's good, the hours suck, so im going into the petro-chem field (which is what i got my degree for) so i'm tellin everybody all the tricks of the trade...when i get ready to buy my V6 6speed coupe next year, whoever sells me my car is gonna hate me...i know exactly what they can/cant do so whoever sells it to me is making $0 off of me, he'll just get a unit...cant wait...anyway, got anymore questions about buying/selling cars, hit me up...holla