View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:47 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Jon pick out a head unit!

Hi guys! I usually don't post here, because I'm not too much into the car audio thing, but since I got a decent start and it's all been $0 invested, I think I'll go ahead and spend some into it.

I got two 15" Kicker S15L5 Solo Barics from my neighbor in a box with a Rockford Fosgate 800x4 amp. The boxy older one, not the new, weird looking one. Anyway, hooked up to the stock head unit in my 6th gen Accord, it honestly sounds like crap. I've been outperformed by lesser subs/boxes (not many, but some), all with aftermarket head units - so I'm deciding to get into the game. (Since I don't always win in races either)...

Enough about my life story, here's the choices (prices off ebay)...
Sony CDX-MP70 : 350

Clarion DRX9675Z : 325

Pioneer DEH-P9300 : 346

Pioneer DEH-P8400MP : 375

Pioneer DEH-P7400MP : 243

Panasonic CQ-DF802U : 285

Kenwood KDC-MP919 : 340

Alpine CDA-7995 : 370

Alpine CDA-7894 : 327

Any other suggestions are greatly welcomed (other head units, other places to shop, lower prices, selling used, why not mp3 head units, etc). This is around my reasonable price range unless I'm willing to save up and invest in a TV for my car.

Right now, I only care about looks and features. Honestly, I don't care for security because I generally live in a decent neighborhood and if anybody really wants to steal my system, he will have a bullet in his ass before he gets into my seat. I want the best looking head unit and I prefer to have it playing MP3s and CD-RWs. Sound quality is second since I automatically assume these all push good or at least decent bass for the price I'm paying.

Thanks a lot for your input guys! (Why do I have a strong feeling that WiLL is gonna be the first guy to reply and with a good answer?)