View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 08:18 PM
BigTicket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This was jammed in my brakes/tires

Hey folks,

I swear I have some pretty bad luck when it comes to my brakes and tires right now. I just had that problem with the "pop" sound in reverse that I just got fixed and now this. Yesterday I was off to Jack in the Box to grab some food and all of a sudden I hear that REALLY loud metal-on-metal screaching noise coming from my front tires. I mean it was so loud I slowed down and looked around to see if something was coming up behind me just to find out it was my car making the noise. I pulled over to see what was wrong but my dumbass couldn't see anything wrong with either front tire. Got back in and tried to drive some more and noise just got louder. Luckily I was close enough to my house that I just drove the car back but I had people who were walking their dogs and people jogging staring at me cause it was just screaming as I went down the road. I get home and right before I come to a stop the noise just stops. I get out and find this thing next to my car. It was still pretty hot so I'm pretty sure this is what was causing that noise. It must have been stuck some where between the rim and the brakes cause it was scraping against something in there. So here's the dumb question. I'm 99% sure it's just a broken drill bit that got stuck in there but is there any chance that this is actually part of the car itself that broke and came loose? Keep the flaming to a minimum guys, I know it sounds dumb but this thing scared the crap out of me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
drillbit.jpg (22.0 KB, 133 views)