View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=146224

A lot of what I typed up this morning applies to you too, specifically the Dual Port injection vs Multi Port FI. Converting your dash harness to a '92-'95 Civic (usually called and EG to save typing, '88-'91 is EF) will be a huge pain in the ass. Nothings really going to line up or plug in (specifically gauge cluster, HVAC controls, lights ...). Before a swap like this was typically done with an EF Si ECU and some sort of goofey VTEC control (like an RPM activated swtich designed for a shift light or something like a V-AFC). These work but don't give you the proper fuel and ignition maps for a VTEC engine. Your much better off buying a EF-EG conversion harness. I helped a friend do a CRX/D16Z6 swap and he had one (I didn't help with the wiring and have no idea where he bought it) but it basically had one side that plugged into the EF's car harness and the other side plugged into the OBD I P28 EG ECU. There were a bunch of extra wires sticking out between the two plugs that you had to run for things like VTEC and a 4-wire O2 sensor (maybe even the MPFI leads if you have the right harness) that a P28 needs and a '91 CRX won't have stock. You will have wiring issues but stick with the stock in-car harness unless your a masochist who loves being up to his eyeballs in wires. You will not be specifically use the EG engine wiring harness but you will need to canabilize it for parts (injectors comes to mind) and spare wire. Give yourself a long weekend, a couple of Helm's factory service manuals (one for the car, one for the engine) and a backup plan to get to work/school if it doesn't start and you should be fine.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.